Tuesday, August 10, 2010

VBS and other craziness

So the final week for me at Bethel Lutheran Church is well underway...I spend about 12 hrs at church on Monday. Seriously. 12 hrs. 8:30-8:30. But it was good. Except that Monday always sets the tone for the rest of the week...

Started off the day with a quick email check. Exciting to be getting apartments and financial aid all lined up and ready to go for the coming school year. Not exciting that I can't move my stuff right away into my apartment. Instead I get to impose upon friends and family to store stuff for a few more weeks.

Then spent several hours in the church library. I organized (by this I mean sorted into genre) and shelved (required adjusting several shelves) books. I was getting pretty handy with the screwdriver to take out the screws/pegs that would hold up each shelf in order to adjust for height or to add/take out shelves from various sections. Super excited that I only have one cart left to sort. And it's by my desk already partially sorted. Which is awesome. Not gonna complete the dotting process (I sort with each genre having its own color). Looking back, I'm really sad that I did not take "Before" pictures...but there will be "After"

Then it was VBS prep time/set-up followed by 2.5 hrs with the kids. We had a pretty small gathering. 23 kids last night. Here are some pics I took with my camera phone (not all the best quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment