Sunday, August 21, 2011

goodbye ugly curtains!

say it with me:
good-bye (f)ugly curtains!

and just to prove to you that they are worthy of being despised, here are pics:

valences over the windows in the living room/dining area...clash majorly with the rest of my decor 
(and even worse, when kayla took them down, the fabric literally was falling apart since they had been hanging for so long)

weird half-curtains are not permitted, especially not when they are doubled...or is it tripled? does the little flounce at the top count as a curtain? it's bad enough if there is only the top and bottom, but someone had the brilliant idea to add the middle one to make a three-tier disaster. 
ugh. doesn't matter it there is one, two or three of these on a single window. none of them are surviving...

soon to be up on windows: drapes and curtains that will coordinate with my furniture, rugs and wall decor.
pictures will follow when the redecoration has been completed (which will be by labor day weekend since i'm hosting a pampered chef open house)

2 comments:

  1. Want to come replace my curtains too... I just made some for my bathroom but now massively need to get some or make some for my bedroom, I think mine in my bedroom match your ones you posted a picture of......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you actually have a color scheme to coordinate with? :)

    ReplyDelete