Sunday, January 17, 2010

fit-estestest part deux

So today I began to learn how to cross country ski.

Yup. You read that right.

Here's the very elaborate story:

I was at church this morning thinking how I was going to take a nap this afternoon. Or perhaps join in the Martin Luther King walk in the afternoon.

But then during the sharing of the peace, someone (Annette) asks me if I ski. I say no, and she says that she will talk to me after the church service.

Which is when she informed me that the Bemidji ski club is going to be having lessons on Sunday afternoons for the next four weeks. A total of $25 for membership and lessons complete with the gear (boots and skis). Not a bad deal.

So this afternoon I reported to ski club and lessons. Which was definitely not naptime.

And realized quickly that I had no idea what I was doing.

At least I had some company in a few members from Bethel who also had little/no expertise with cross country skiing. Oh, how I love to socialize with people from church outside of church.

I didn't know how to put on skis. And had to be helped like a little child.

Nor glide on the snow/ice.

Nor be able to keep my balance properly.

But it's fun to fall on snow. I guess.

At least I did improve with time and practice.

I was not the slowest, but I think I won for times falling down.

Score!

Maybe my story was not all that elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment