Friday, December 25, 2009

presents!!!!!

since my family is spread out for this season due to the winter storms wreaking havoc across the midwest, we decided to exchange our gifts in a different way. we unwrapped the secret santa presents that we had each purchased and wrapped for the person whose name we had drawn. then we took pictures with our lovely camera phones and sent picture messages to the recipient of our present.


so i unwrapped the present i had purchased for my sister kendra. of course, i like to wrap things so that they are near to impossible to open. she got hot chocolate and ziploc baggies. inside jokes are so much fun!

my dad had my name, and i was stoked to get some new clothes and three angels. when i called mom, she informed me that the angels are ornaments my dad made from a tree i had planted when i was in kindegarten. so cool to have homemade ornaments created from my tree.

i got some presents from people at church: a new scarf, large carton of goldfish crackers, and a nice candle holder.

yesterday was a good day. kept busy with the xmas eve services (two of 'em at bethel), about an hour spent outside shoveling my driveway off (i really needed some time outside being active), a trip to kfc with the kindems as part of the xmas tradition, opening presents with the kindems, watching the first 40 min of LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. of course, since one of the services started at 10, i didn't get out of church until 11:30 pm. late night.


pictures are to come

No comments:

Post a Comment