Wednesday, February 16, 2011

hassles

not that i'm complaining (well, i really am...) but i was sent the wrong book.

i ordered a book online. i've been tracking its progress across the country and was excited for it to be here. i go to the mailroom to get it, but lo and behold, there is not one but two packages for me!

i gasped and thought, "but i only ordered one? where did this other come from?"

the thought "PRESENT!!!!" grazed through my mind...

then i opened it.

and it wasn't for me.

poor unfortunate susi (not her real name) did not get her order. it was sent to me.

i got mine (yes, the other package was correctly addressed to me since it was for me) but susi did not. because i got hers.

but i get the hassle of having to call barnes and noble to tell them about the mix-up, wait for them to mail me a label (so i don't have to pay shipping to mail it back), then trudge to the post office or somewhere to be relieved of my burden.

oh the trials of being a good person who is not just going to keep a book that isn't theirs...

which might have been more tempting had i not read only the first book in the series (of which this book is #4) since i refuse to read the series out of order...

No comments:

Post a Comment