Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the draft

fyi: drafts are much more exciting when you are not on the list to be drafted

think about it. there you are, sitting and waiting at the whim of the people who pick you...

but if you're on the outside looking in, you can either ignore everything going on (and ignorance is bliss, after all) or you can be involved via empathy/sympathy

we learned about the draft tonight in between eating pizza and cakepops (yummy) and then worshiping together

me and roughly 200 other elca seminarians from seminaries/divinity schools across the country learned yesterday/today where they were assigned in the draft (officially the draft is known as assignment)

i, like a good chunk of my classmates at luther, will be staying in region 3 (minnesota, north dakota, south dakota)

it was interesting to watch reactions as they varied from joy (including one friend who jumped on her chair she was so excited) to acceptance to disappointment.

i personally fell somewhere between acceptance and disappointment. not that i don't love region 3 (cause i do since it's my dear home that i've lived all but a few years in) but deep down i had been hoping to leave my home and experience what the rest of the country has to offer. i was ready to spread my wings and fly away from the "tri-ota" region.

at the same time, i'm excited cause so many of my friends are in my region.

i also won a yo-yo in a raffle tonight. not that it does me any good whatsoever, but i won something

No comments:

Post a Comment