Wednesday, September 8, 2010

another long day

today started at 7:16 am. that was when i got a phone call from my mother. and yes, it woke me up. i love the confusion when waking up and thinking to myself that i was way too tired for my alarm to be going off and then slowly realized that the noise was actually my ringtone. the phone call informed me that my grandmother passed away. update since last posting: sunday she took another downturn. she likely suffered a stroke before she was taken to icu. then taken out of there since icu is intended for helping people get better and get out of their slump. but we (and by this i mean the family members who are in the medical profession) felt that she was not likely to make a recovery plus she signed the dnr. so they decided to do more to control pain and keep her comfortable. and sunday night, after the bad turn, they put her in hospice.

then i tried to go back to sleep but quickly gave up and decided to start packing since mom wasn't sure when the funeral was, but she thought it would likely be friday. and it is. so i'm glad i started packing and was actually almost ready to go before my class this morning at 10. and i also had to make phone calls to krissa to help her figure out when she would be flying back. so we set up a phone date for 11.

then off i went to class.

but don't remember anything since i was so exhausted and distracted.

then i called krissa and booked her flight for tonight. nothing like the poor girl getting her tickets ordered an hour before she had to start driving to the airport.

then i ate.

then i went back to my apt to finish packing and to load my stuff in the beast (aka the family's expedition). and i also unloaded a bookshelf i bought at ikea. and am super proud that i was able to move it in by myself. since the other day i could barely shift it. just no strength left after moving all day monday. which is when i moved back to seminary. and the same day i went shopping. but my strength returned for me to unload the beast since it was going to be heading home. cause i picked up krissa.

then i went to discipleship group and afterwards went to the internship debriefing. which i left early so that i could try to beat the bad traffic in minneapolis and get to sioux falls in time to pick krissa up at the airport. of course, the last hour was in the rain.

and i timed my arrival in sioux falls perfectly. rolled up to the airport as the plane landed.

then krissa and i took off on down the road to get home in parkston. in the rain and dark. not a fun combination. but we made it back home shortly after 10 pm

now we just get to wait for kiana to roll in sometime in the wee hours of the morning from wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment