Sunday, April 25, 2010

more updatisms

well, i figure that it's been a while since i took time to write down my thoughts, so if you're about to read this, you've been forewarned.

so here are some recent thoughts:

1. i have spent way too much time traveling in the last couple weeks. like ridiculous amounts. cause that's what you get when you drive to new york from bemidji. and train/bus/plane to new york. then you drive from omaha to parkston. and parkston to summerset (which is basically piedmont). summerset to bemidji. then, not a week after getting back to bemidji, driving back to parkston (record time: 7 hrs). weird how yesterday, which was exactly a week after driving 11 hours from western sd to northern mn, i spent over 7.5 hours from parkston to bemidji.

2. "rain rain go away..." that was my emotion yesterday as i was driving. random facts and figures: 3 hrs driving through rainstorms on friday and 6 yesterday. 2 times losing a bit of control due to excess water and big puddles (nothing major since i'm still alive and didn't crash or go off the road). 3 counties under severe thunderstorm warnings that expired just before i started driving yesterday.

3. God's got an impressive canvas and great choice in colors. like the awesome clouds with the wide spaces and rolling hills of northeast sd. just outside of moorhead, i saw a rainbow ahead of me (during a slight break in the storm) and a sunset behind me.

i love seeing beautiful scenery and skies without trees blocking the view

4. tis the season for pretty flowers: here are a sample of the tulips gracing my mother's flower bed at home. note: i took these pics while dad was getting ready to teach me how to change oil in my car. 

5. grease and grime galore: my dad showed me how to change oil. i refused to do it myself because it had just rained and i didn't want to get my only pair of jeans (i packed light for once in my life) dirty/wet. so now i know how/where to find what needs to be replaced. but i did change my window wiper blades. cause that's my level.

6. traditional pre-prom mitchell run. yup, i have this random tradition of whenever i go to visit my fam on prom weekends, i make a last-minute trip to mitchell about 20 miles away. this time we picked up some ribbon. and car stuff for me. and baby's breath for ki's flowers.

7. longest sunday ever. well, maybe not ever. i may have experienced longer sundays. or someone else may have. but it did seem very long. with church services in the morning. open house at my residence in the afternoon which meant i could not get my much-needed nap right afterwards and instead roamed bemidji. open house to celebrate the 50th anniversary for a couple from church, where i saw one of my seminary classmates who just so happens to be their son. bethel's fish fry, where i had some walleye (yummy) and even was daring enough to try some pickled northern. for those of you who have never heard of such a food group, let me clarify a bit more and inform you that yes, i ate pickled fish. cause northern is also known as northern pike. which is a fish. you can look it up.

8. two car washes and a gallon of paint. that's what i got for $20 in a raffle-ish fundraiser. no idea what i'm going to need paint for, but i get to select a color.

No comments:

Post a Comment