Tuesday, January 26, 2010

stress and crumble

this past weekend i learned just how valuable time off is.

because i didn't really get my day off.

and i suffered because of it.

don't get me wrong, i was doing stuff that would typically be more than enjoyable. watching movies, going to a dinner show, eating an elaborate russian meal.

but i was still on duty because i was with people from the church the entire time.

i love the people from bethel. but i hate how i have to be careful what i say and how i dress on my day off. not bad per se, but just annoying that on my day(s) off i need to be conscious of what i do/say.

which is why i have a nagging suspicion that in the future on my days off i will tend to either hole myself up in my house with no human contact or else get out of dodge.

yeah, i just totally used a cowboy-ish expression. by the way, i've been to dodge before.

back to my story.

yesterday, aka monday, i crashed.

it was icy on the roads, but i didn't have that type of crash.

i took a two hour nap in the afternoon. then slept for nine hours that night. and my ideal amount for sleeping is seven hours.

i even managed to sleep through my alarm this morning.

yesterday i went in so that i could work for the day. but i just couldn't do it. i survived for about 4 hours before going home. i mean, i put in plenty of time the day before between church services and the three-hour-long annual meeting. so i didn't feel so bad taking the time to recuperate.

recuperation for me meant that i read books that were not for church or work. that i watched tv and movies. that i avoided conversations with people.

i became the ultimate introvert for a few hours in order to preserve my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment