Sunday, October 11, 2009

Snow!!!!!!!!!!

That's right. In the midst of the freakish October I can recall, we received a slight dusting of snow this past weekend.

Did I mention I like snow?

Did I mention that I'm upset the leaves on the trees are dropping before they change colors?

Did I mention that I'm glad the leaves are falling so that I can see more of the sky and sun?

I love autumn and winter, but I am now realizing that I was not quite ready for snow to fall before October 11th. Which it did. I guess I shouldn't complain too much since I live in northern Minnesota, but still...this isn't Canada...which is even colder than the USA. And a majority of our great country is already freezing. So weird.

Oh, well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the freakish weather. I mean, my first month in Bemidji had numerous record warm days. And now October is the exact opposite.

On a note unrelated to snow, I preached again today. Second time since I've been here.

And I totally rocked it.

I think this is because it was not being recorded. For some reason, I always do much better when there is no video or voice recording. And the self-designated camcorder man was disappointed to have forgotten the video camera since I had a good sermon.

I didn't go all controversial. (which would have been kinda fun to go all hellfire and brimstone on Bethel Lutheran since the passage from Amos 5 is layin the smack on Bethel) I spoke from the heart, which is always a good idea when preaching.

I also had a children's message. I read a gift from my sisters, a book called "Bossy Bear." I still hold to my claim that I have no idea why on earth anyone would choose to give me a book with that name. But it worked out well, and I even made sure to show the congregation the pictures, not just the kids who came forward. :)

Well, I think that I'm going to take a nap to recuperate from getting up at 6 am in order to finish the sermon...

No comments:

Post a Comment