Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cananadia

This has happened to me twice now: I am watching the Ghost Whisperer on TV. Then the show ends and the news begins. After a few minutes, I began to realize that I was not recognizing any locations or names...And then it hit me that I was watching the news from Winnipeg. Which for those who are geographically challenged, that it is in Canadia.

Yes, I live close enough to Canadia to get Canadian TV channels. The CBC in particular.

No, I have not heard anyone say "eh" on national television.

But I have not really watched much outside of American shows being broadcast on the CBC. Or the news. Which means that they try to sound edumacated when informing Canadians (and the occasional American) about what is happening in Canadia and the rest of the world that lies south of Winnipeg.

Other facts: I live two hours from International Falls. Highway 71 runs straight northwest and eventually ends up in Canadia. There is also an old railroad track that runs up there to Fort Francis (that is the Canadian town across the border). Granted, the train tracks are gone. But that is exciting for avid snowmobilers since the path remains and is straight and mostly level. Unfortunately, it is long. And I would be very cold before I got to Canadia. And I don't think I want to be that cold. So I will not be snowmobiling to Canadia anytime soon.

I keep saying that I am going to go to Canadia just so I can drinksince the drinking age there is 18. I think that is the main reason for anyone to go to Canadia. Even if I am old enough to buy my own alcohol stateside. Cause I cannot think of another reason to visit Canadia.

Outside of visiting distant relatives.

FYI: I can spell. I just choose to not do so. I prefer the name Canadia to Canada. So much more eloquent. And I do not think that TV news can ever be as educational as reading online, which is why the broadcast is edumacational.

Did I ever mention that I am opinionated?

And completely right. And awesome. And modest, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment