Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And so it begins...

Well, I can honestly admit that I am an intern pastor. Shocking and scary at times, but also fun. I have been here for over a week and no one has told me to leave yet (despite being somewhat liberal in a very conservative part of the country), which is a good sign in my mind. I settled in quite well and am pleased to say that I am liking the fact that my schedule is not too stressful. Of course, I get to attend a lot of meetings (Bible studies, committees, etc). Which are way better than sitting in classrooms and writing papers.

I have a large house to reside in for the moment. I really do not know what to do with all the space, but I have to admit that I really enjoy having a full kitchen. Last week I got to deal with the telephone, TV and internet set-up. I almost lost the battle with the wireless router, but I am proud to say that I am truly a child of the generation where all technology is a mere toy to be figured out (much like those poor souls who enjoy long mathematical problems or impossible puzzles where you can never release the ring from the post). But the main point of all this is that I can now watch cable TV and surf the net without moving from the couch.

Bemidji is going to be a place for great adventures. I have already had a flying lesson (thanks to my internship supervisor who also happens to be a pilot and flight instructor), gone out to some lakes and have been assured that I will learn how to curl, which has to be the ultimate winter sport EVER! By the end of the year I will probably have gone 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, ice fishing, deer hunting, etc. Nothing like being in a part of the country which is big on outdoor activities.

FYI: "Quatsch" is a German word. This is one of my all-time favorite German words to use. I tend to translate it as "bullshit" although the slightly more correct translation is "nonsense." Either option works since this blog will not usually contain too much that I consider significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment