Thursday, March 3, 2011

crazy day

here is a more detailed and interesting elaboration of what's going on in my life than my previous post from this afternoon.

having said that, i want to take time to reflect upon the past 24 hrs

last night, while being all "oh i don't want my day to end because i'd much rather watch my four-hour-long movie about angels," i received a chat message from a dear friend reminding me to notify her tomorrow about synod assignment. and a few things rumbled through my head

first off, i had forgotten about this major event in the life of senior mdiv students taking place the next day
second, i began to panic because the ignorance and subsequent bliss ended
third, i began to realize that i had absolutely no idea of what synod i hoped for or would be disappointed if i got. well, there was one synod i didn't really want...but that's another story

i still watched my movie until my eyes closed

then went to class

then chapel

then back to my apartment to eat lunch and take a nap (and finish the movie)

during all of these events i managed to not recall that i could receive a phone call any moment

and then, just as i was about ready to nap, i got a phone call from the bishop of the eastern north dakota synod

so now a few other thoughts rumble through my head:

yes, i'm excited. (sorry, mom, that i'm not going back home to south dakota. lil sisters, this is a good thing so don't make fun.)

no, i have no idea what town or congregation in that synod, so please stop asking me. and i have no idea when i can start interviewing

yes, i found it difficult to pay attention in my classes this afternoon and evening

no, i did not have the cool status of being able to leave class in order to talk to my new bishop

yes, i'm jealous of those who had their phones on vibrate and left in order to learn what comes next

no, i'm not jealous of those who have to wait another week or so to find out

yes, i am now working really hard to not be focused upon planning my ordination and looking for a call instead of doing homework

no, i have not picked out the perfect pair of glasses to compliment the clergy shirt attire (but i will...) so that i will look both chic and pastor-y

yes, i have tomorrow off so i can celebrate with friends

no, my car is still not fixed (but hopefully will be this weekend)

yes, i will probably go wedding dress shopping on saturday

no, i'm not getting married (nor am i close to it)

yes, i should be thinking about preparing for lent at church since it starts next week...

no, i have not killed off my aloe plant or peace lily (although they came really close and are looking shabby right now)

yes, i have a green thumb when it comes to caring for my roomie's plants since they are flourishing like the african violet is about to bloom for the second time since september

No comments:

Post a Comment