Thursday, January 20, 2011

the great move-in

sounds odd to be talking about moving in, but that's kinda what it feels like right now in my apartment since i have boxes and bags just waiting for me to unpack...

i took 6 days to unload my car. for realz. cause i like to do it in stages. and of course, i only want to go outside once or twice a day when it's so cold outside.

i cleaned the kitchen floor today. this was essentially a first time for this since i hate cleaning, but it was grody and disgusting and needed to not be that...

yesterday i pounded together a shelf to help me organize. it was noisy (and i feel bad that i harassed the my neighbors a floor below), but very refreshing. i liked being able to use george (if you don't remember, my hammer is named george - i even wrote his name on him just so i don't forget). and being able to do something physical and mind-numbing and productive. i like being able to see a finished work. granted, i should have been reading philosophical discourse about what it means that "the word became flesh"

one of these years i need to go through my clothes and shoes and figure out what i don't need/want...

i am always amazed how weird it is to shift from home to home. my parents' home is where i spent my formative years and get back to at least a few times a year to be with family and sleep in a room that still has a wall that i decorated. but luther is also home. the buildings and people are sometimes more familiar to me than my hometown. sad but true since i think i have spent more time on this campus the last four years than at my parents' over the last 9 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment