Tuesday, December 7, 2010

let the multitasking commence (again...)

so i've been without a personal computer for a week. it was rough but also educational.

rough:
1. no computer to sit on my lap while watching tv, reading books for class, writing papers. i had to go to the computer lab.
2. no hulu. cause my wii internet is not hulu-friendly.
3. checking email via wii. fun but not fun. fun because it's a wii. not fun because i could only check one email at a time and it was slow.
4. typing papers in the computer lab.
5. seeing my hdmi hookup to my tv look forlorn...
6. spending hours in the computer lab finishing up assignment paperwork.
7. not knowing what info i lost between the last back-up and the crash...

educational:
1. bringing back memories of freshman year of college which was the last year without a computer
2. realizing that there are poor unfortunate souls who don't multitask. which was rough for me (see rough #1) since i love to have multiple browser tabs open at once. prefer to have multiple activities going on at once. but for the last week, i was forced to slow down.
3. breathing space. i was disconnected from the world. technically, i had my cell phone where people could reach me. but it was not the same. i logged off for a short time.
4. realizing that my computer is not my life. no matter how much i like technology. i can live without (at least for a short time...)

but i'm now reconnected to the world.
with a brand-new computer recently purchased and started up (so exciting to see the screen that tells you that it's starting up for the first time...)

hope this one lasts more than two years...

No comments:

Post a Comment