Friday, October 30, 2009

and what a day off it twas...

Well, technically my day off is not over yet. But here's the rundown on a much needed day off thus far:

1. Phone call at 8:34 am. This was a call (and message left since I didnt answer the phone, nor did I actually hear it ring...) from the lady who sadly enough had an encounter with my car last night. Well, technically her car collided into my parked one, but you get the point. So now, on top of having no desire to do anything, I also have to be concerned with having a vehicle that has a cracked headlight lens (at least that's what I am thinking the piece of plastic in front of the headlight lamp is called)

2. Phone call at 8:47. This was from my father. Well meaning as he was updating me on the likely cost of repair for his car. Cause I'm driving his car right now.

3. Went back to sleep, which is what I wanted to do before being disturbed by phone calls on the one day all week I can sleep in (have plans tomorrow morning which will prevent sleeping in). And I've had a long week. Every day I was suffering from either lack of sleep or pain from the four-wheeling expediction that used muscles that have not been worked recently.

4. Another phone call. This was one quarter after 10. And I was somewhat conscious or coherent so I was able to chat a bit with my sister Kayla, who was this round's culprit. I am always willing to talk about shoes.

5. Another phone call. Quarter after 11 from my supervisor. By this time I was up and reading. But not doing anything productive. Cause it's my day off and I don't want to be productive.

6. Ate some lunch, since I was up in time for that but not breakfast. Yummy pizza and ice cream.

7.  Watching the snow fall. Cause it's snowing. Yup, snow once again. Really pretty big fluffy flakes. I had been planning on leaving the house, but I don't think I will. So instead I'm cozy indoors with a big hoodie on, watching TV and movies (newest purchased DVD "Wanted"), appreciating the fact that I finally have a DVD player hooked up to the huge TV in my living room and the fact that my universal remote works to control it since my mother gave me the player without a remote. Although I will have to venture so far into my garage in order to tape up the headlight so that I won't have any more moisture seeping in before I can get it repaired. Cause I hear that would be bad. At least I dont have to go outside since the garage is attached to the hosue and a mere 20 feet from where I am currently sitting on my couch. At least, I don't expect I will have to venture out into the snow. Cause it's not on my agenda.

And that, folks, is the utterly unimportant day I have had thus far. And it is not even 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment